If you require accommodation during your studies, you may choose to apply to the Homestay Program . By living with a Canadian family, you will have the opportunity to make new friends, learn more about Canadian culture and improve your level of English.

Alternative Accommodation

International students can rent suites for individual or shared living. The costs for rental accommodation varies and most do not come with furnishings. You start in homestay for a minimum of three months while you adjust to the city and get to know where you might best like to live.

Health Insurance

Insurance is something which is covered in your course fee. Medical, Hospital and Dental Care in Canada can be expensive. As a foreign student, you will have to pay these expenses yourself. Some provinces or territories may provide health and dental coverage for foreign students under their health-care plans, or there may be group insurance available through educational institutions.


The Off-Campus Work Permit Program allows certain foreign students to work off campus while completing their studies. The work permit authorizes you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays, and spring break).

To be eligible for an Off-Campus Work Permit, you must:
  • 1.  Have a valid study permit.
  • 2.  Study at a participating institution.
  • 3.   Have been a full-time student for at least six of the 12 months preceding the date of your work permit application.

Working In Canada (After Completion Of Your Studies):

The international students would be able to obtain an open work permit under the "Post-Graduation Work Permit Program", with no restrictions on the type of employment and no requirement for a job offer. In addition, the duration of the work permit has been extended to three years across the country. Open and longer work permits provide international students with more opportunities for Canadian work experience and skills development. The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program allows students who have graduated from an eligible program at a post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience.